Thursday, June 11, 2009

Why I Do This

People often ask me why I choose to spend most of my waking hours thinking, speaking, and writing about exam material that most sane people wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. The answer is simple--the money. Seriously. Who'd a thunk that a guy could be a teacher and a writer and also be able to make a decent living. Not me, that's for sure. A few years ago, I was this close to resigning myself to the fate of a daily, per-diem Series 7 instructor for a big test prep company. Now here I am running a viable test prep business myself, having a ball thinking, speaking, and writing about exam material that most sane people wouldn't touch with a 10-foot pole. Or, if they did, they would probably focus on just one or two exams--covering the Series 6, 7, 63, 65, and 66 does seem overwhelming at times. But then I open up my inbox some days and get thank-you emails from glowing, proud, successful customers. Check out the two that I received this afternoon and you'll see that the reason I do this is about more than just the money:


Hey bob,

I'm delighted to inform you that I pass the 63. You material were key to my success. Let me know if you can use my referral. Now, I can keep my job with this difficult economy. Thank you for everything. Now, I want you to get me through the series 7 and 66 within the next 8 months if possible.

--------------

I just want to drop you a note and thank you for all that you have done for me. I sat for the Series 7 last Thursday and passed!I took the exam 3 years ago and really didn't know how to take the test.Everything in your book, cds, and quiz set make this very easy. I felt very comfortable, in fact I felt that you had me so prepared that when I finished I hit the button to see if I passed or failed and I did not even look up at the screen. I walked out and asked the proctor what my score was!!!!!!!!!!!!I have told numerous people around the country to look up your website.P.S. I will miss your Friday broadcasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment